Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011

It's Thanksgiving day, and I'm finally sitting down with my feet up.  It has been a really good day.
The house smells like roasted turkey, it's dark outside with a covering of fresh snow, and I have the "tranquility" music station on the tv.  Perfect and cozy evening.  I'm covered with a blanket and have a good "who did it" book, but one things missing...............
My husband!  He's had a headache for the past three days, and we just came home from my parents house, and he had to go right to bed he feels horrible.  I feel horrible for him and wish I could take the pain away.  I'm used to headaches and kind of know what to expect, but his has been bad and lingering for the past three days.

He has been a good sport though, and it has been a good Thanksgiving.  My Mom made the turkey and pumpkin pie.  I made the side dishes: 7 layered salad, broccoli salad, sweet potato biscuits, spinach stuffing balls, cornbread apple stuffing, paula deans sweet potato casserole, and Tom made the green bean cassrole.  A very successful cooking day!  Last night I made two pumpkin pies, Tom requested a cherry pie, and an apple die that I took for dessert at my parents house today.  Everything turned out perfect and we were all stuffed like little pigs after one plate.

I hope you all are having a great Thanksgiving and a good peaceful evening. 

No comments: