Saturday, February 27, 2010

These are a few of my Favorite things

I love this lamp.  It's the first thing I turn on in the evening.  It lights the living room while I read on the couch.  I found the shade and base on clearance 5 months before I even moved into the house.  It's so pretty and one of my favorite things.V sent me this for Valentines day 2010 and it was so perfect for what I was going through that day.  It sits in the living room now and is one of my favorite things as well as a constant reminder.

Here is another Valentines 2010 gift from Jill.  I had such a crappy day that Valentines (nothing to do w/guys!!) and Jill showed up at my door and it was just the sweetest thing and made my Valentines so special.  It's also my first plant for my house!

My lovely mixer.  I always thought one of these mixers sitting on the counter really made a kitchen complete.  I purchased this two years before I even got a house.  Now it proudly sits on my counter and it's SO convenient!  I whip up cakes and cookies so quickly now (not so good for the diet though).

I know, this is an obvious one, but these are two of my favorite things.  My Puppy Petunia, and my beautiful house.  I love cleaning it on weekends, dusting and vacuuming I enjoy now.  I love driving into my garage and protecting my Buick (another one of my favorite things) from all of the elements.  Oh and of course my property - it's so beautiful and perfect for me.  Two nights ago I was sitting silently in my living looking out the window watching the snow fall, and I felt like I was in a snow globe because all I could see were my snow covered trees, the setting sun, and the snow lightly falling.

These are just a few of my favorite things.

1 comment:

Jen said...

awww, Sus! That lamp is SOOOO you and it has quite a whimsical-Sus-beauty to it. :)