Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day weekend Part one - On my way to Fairbanks

Wasilla To Fairbanks - Memorial weekend 2009

So I decided that if I could use priceline bidding to get a hotel for $50 a night I would drive up to Fairbanks for the long weekend. Thankfully Extended Stay Suites took my offer and here are the pictures of my trip!

Tomorrow I'm going to the North Pole to see Santa's workshop (heehee), and the University of Fairbanks who I hear has an amazing museum. So excited! It was at least a 6 hour drive but I made it on a tank of gas, I only used 12 gallons! woohoo






Pulling out of my drive way in Wasilla















Good bye junk yard neighbors














On the road again















The pictures just don't do it justice









It was funny b/c in Wasilla we're in full swing summer, but driving north it was still just barely spring.


































This bridge was so cool I had to take a picture














Getting this picture was SO SCARY!!! I had flip flops on and realize that I could slide in the dirt and go over the cliff soo easily.










































































































I saw lots of road kill















Passed a moose...something with a long tail...two rabbits...lots of birds...two swans...and other things I know I should've written down
































































At Denail finally! It was 44 degrees here, but 200 miles north in Fairbanks it was suddenly 67 degrees! Random.
















































































































Leaving Denali





























Dumb sign I wanted to walk around





















No comments: